Jamie is one of only 15 therapists in the UK qualified to deliver this training. He has been working for Early Break since 2007. He has a background in treatment interventions for substance misuse and holistic therapies. Jamie’s passion for acupuncture began after sitting in on a treatment session, where he saw for himself the benefits of acupuncture. In 2008 he decided to learn the 5 point NADA protocol.
Jamie’s work ethos is person-centred so all his treatment interventions are client led. In 2012 he became Early Break’s Service Assessor and undertakes the yearly re-assessments for internal and external therapists.
This is a 4 day practical training in the NADA ear acupuncture protocol, covering:
- Origins of the NADA protocol
- Brief theory of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- How the NADA treatment relates to modern issues and your sector of healthcare
- Health & Safety – significant time is spent during the course training in health & safety protocols, cross-contamination and client handling etc.
- Needling techniques – practical sessions are all closely supervised by a NADA GB trainer
- Point location
- Client record keeping
- Qi Gong energy practice
- How to set up the clinic space
- Research findings
- Certification for students who pass the course
- Where to get acupuncture supplies and insurance.
Accreditation: Practitioners will gain an internationally recognised certification.
Course Dates (4 days inclusive): 9.30am-4.30pm
- Tuesday 29 May – Friday 1 June 2018
- Monday 17 September – Thursday 20 September 2018
- Monday 29 October – Thursday 1 November 2018
- Monday 10 December – Thursday 13 December 2018
- Monday 28 January (1 day) + Wednesday 30 January – Friday 1 February (3 days) 2019
- Monday 18 March – Thursday 21 March 2019
We only have a limited number of spaces on each course so please book early to avoid disappointment. However, if there is significant demand we will look to run additional courses throughout the year.
Please be advised that no lunch will be provided as a part of this course however tea and coffee are available throughout the day.
The cost of the 4 day course is £450 per person (no VAT) which includes first years registration with NADA GB. Payment can be made by BACS transfer, by debit/credit card by calling 0161 723 3880 and speaking to the Training and Marketing Team or by cheque made payable to Early Break. To reserve your place, please call 0161 723 3880 or e-mail the completed booking form below to our Training and Marketing Department at firstname.lastname@example.org (for the attention of Jacqui Selby).
Refresher Course Dates:
- Friday 21 September 2018
- Friday 2 November 2018
- Friday 14 December 2018
- Tuesday 29 January 2019
- Friday 22 March 2019
There is onsite parking available if you are driving. If you are commuting we are located just a short walk away from the Radcliffe Metrolink Tram station (5 mins) which runs direct from Manchester Piccadilly Train Station. All courses will take place at our Radcliffe Office the address is:
Early Break, Annara House, 7-11 Bury Road, Radcliffe, M26 2UG
Annual assessment: All practitioners must undergo an annual assessment to ensure that the highest standards in practice are maintained. The cost is £100 including Annual Registration and certification.
To find out more from the NADA GB website please click the link to their website below: