- Service Users are heavily involved in new Service developments and play an active role in the recruitment of new members of staff. Each individual interviewed for a role within Early Break sits infront of a panel of Service Users as part of the interview process
- In Rochdale Service Users took part in the interviews for the Service tender application
- Service users attend the AGM and have done presentations at that forum
- Service Users from across the operational areas have worked with ITV fixers and produced an animated film addressing the issue of grooming and exploitation. They have created an eucational pack to go alongside the DVD
- Service Users worked with M6 theatre company and have created a short film "Wasted" which covers the issue of knife crime and substance use. They have made an educational package to go alongside this
- Service users are regularly consulted on Policy matters at local and national levels. They have had input to the Treatment Planning process with DAATS, consulations with the NTA and Rochdale's Young People's Plan re-write
- The Stacey Isherwood Fund, started when a young client won a cash award for volunteering which she donated to EB, is a hardship fund for other young clients to bid into in particular times of need.
We value feedback from young people and their families on the service that they have received from Early Break. When a young person leaves the service they are sent a "Have Your Say" questionnaire which they can complete annonymously and gives them the opportunity to give their thoughts and opinions on the service they have received. This is then fed back to their workers and any suggestions for improvements discussed.