For professionals, practitioners, students and carers looking to develop a deeper and more advanced understanding of drugs and alcohol and the impact on young people we have an in-depth full day professional development training course which is being held at Manchester Metropolitan University’s brand new, award winning Business School (date to be advised).
This full day session is priced at £99 per attendee and includes a FREE copy of our 40 page Drug Facts workbook to supplement the course.
- Professionally written and continually reviewed with up-to-date information and mapped to DANOS standards
- Led by an experienced trainer and substance misuse practitioner
- Count towards CPD hours
- Include a copy of our brand new, in depth, 40 page Drug Facts workbook
- DANOS linked certificate to acknowledge completion of the course
- Know the definition of the term ‘drug ‘
- Be able to identify what different drugs look like
- Have an understanding of the current drug strategy and its aims
- Demonstrate an understanding about different drug categories
- Understand the difference between physical and psychological dependency
- Understand the cycle of change in relation to dependency
- Identify the effects that drugs can have on physical and mental health
- An understanding of what Novel Psychoactive Substances are and the laws surrounding them
- Identify the effects that alcohol can have on physical and mental health
- Be aware of risk and protective factors to keep people safe from substances
- Identify how to find local substance misuse service providers
- Increased confidence to refer to drug and alcohol services
This course will be delivered from one of Manchester Metropolitan University’s flagship building’s in the heart of Manchester city centre with fantastic transport links and parking nearby. The site is one of the most “green” University sites in the country and is committed to environmental sustainability.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Business School (please report to Reception who will direct you)
All Saints Campus
Manchester. M15 6BH,