Welcome to Early Break. We are a charity with strong roots in Bury and Rochdale but also work in surrounding areas. Established in 1994, we are a young person and families service which historically offered specialist substance misuse services. Today, we offer a wide variety of services to address all the needs of the young people and families that we support.
Early Break’s work is rooted in ‘person-centred’ theory. What this means is that the young people and families are at the centre of everything we do. Each young person sets their own goals and targets and the role of their individual worker is that they support them to achieve these goals.
We believe that:
- Children and young people have a right to be involved in decisions that affect their lives
- Children and young people have a right to be respected, listened to and protected from harm
- We work in a way that facilitates informed decision making by children and young people about their drug and alcohol use and their treatment interventions
- We work in a way that respects the diversity of children and young people’s cultures, backgrounds and life experiences
- By supporting parents/carers into their own treatment, outcomes for children in the family are significantly improved
- Children and young people have the right to choose whether anyone else from their family is involved in their treatment and that outcomes for the young person are improved when family members are involved in this way
We have a strong commitment to being a responsive service and we want to ensure ‘our door is the right door’ and even if our service is not for you we will endeavour to find you the right support.
All Early Break workers have experience in working with young people. The range of professional skills and qualifications held by our workers include Youth Work, Teaching, Social Work and Counselling. Qualified Holistic Therapists also provide auricular acupuncture, massage, aromatherapy and electro-stimulation therapy as well as mindfulness and bereavement and loss counselling. What we all have in common is that we can build meaningful relationships with young people and their families. We believe that these relationships are vital for us to support young people to make positive life changes.
Early Break has an excellent track record of delivering services to young people and their families and is proud to say that we hold the ‘Investors in Children’ kite mark. We have held this in Bury and Rochdale since May 2011.
We want to always offer the very best service we can to do this we work with the people who have used our service on what they would like to see improved for the next people through the door. We do not believe in sitting still and all feedback is welcomed.
We are extremely active on our social media platforms and we want to inform as many people as possible about what we do. Have a look at our Facebook page Early Break UK and follow us on twitter @EarlyBreakUK or meet the team on our Early Break Instagram page.