“Written in line with the PSHE Association’s curriculum guidelines, Early Break is proud to offer their comprehensive Drug and Alcohol PSHE programme for secondary schools. The programme is currently being successfully delivered in many schools across Lancashire. The aim of the programme is to get young people of all ages to think about drugs and alcohol and to enable them to identify the risks and repercussions that substance use can have. The programme also aims to better equip young people with the knowledge they need to keep themselves and others safe in later life.”
KS3 & KS4 Drug & Alcohol PSHE Programme
The Drug and Alcohol PSHE Programme includes:
- Complete 50-60 minute session plans for students in years 7 through to 11 (KS3 and KS4).
- Clear learning objectives and outcomes for each year group session.
- All relevant background reading for teachers/tutors to confidently deliver the sessions.
- Variety of appropriate tasks and engaging activities aimed at each year group.
- Accompanying PowerPoint slides for each session plan (including videos and media).
- Printable drug facts and harm reduction leaflet to print for students.
- Covers 19 substances including – tobacco, alcohol, ecstasy, cannabis, cocaine, novel psychoactive substances (legal highs), ketamine and many more.
Quality PSHE education can drive improvements in key Public Health Outcome Indicators. These include reductions in:
- Under 18 conceptions
- Excess weight in 4-5 and 10-11 year olds
- Smoking prevalence in 15 year olds
- Hospital admissions as a result of self-harm
- Alcohol related admissions to hospital
- Chlamydia diagnoses in 15-24 year olds
The programme is sold as a digital programme – £99
1 x USB pen drive containing all PSHE programme material
To order this resource or any other resources please download our latest price list/order form via the button below and complete the order form returning to Early Break.