With more than 20 years experience of working with young people and working closely with education providers, Early Break has developed affordable training for school governors, heads, deputy heads and senior management teams. All attendees on our “School Governor Training” will receive a copy of our in-depth, 40 page, “Drug Facts” educational resource.
This interactive training course will aim at arming senior professionals such as school governors working in education with the tools and knowledge to develop and implement drug policies and safeguarding strategies. Through group discussion and activities attendees will cover drug and alcohol strategies, drug and alcohol policies, PSHE Association guidance on recommended curriculum and the most current OFSTED reports and information from the Department for Education and the Association of Chief Police Officers.
- Know the definition of the term drug
- Be able to identify what different drugs look like
- Have an understanding of different drug categories and the law
- Have and awareness of how current drug, alcohol and tobacco education in schools contribute to national strategies and targets
- Be aware of OFSTED’s new guidance for PSHE curriculum
- Be aware of the risks and protective factors to keep young people safe from substances
- “What Can Your School Do?” – increasing confidence to refer to specialist drug and alcohol services
If you are seeking training for a local authority department (i.e. Governor Services) or from a school directly then please contact us to discuss your requirements and costs. We are delivering sessions such as this throughout Greater Manchester.